Now You Can Reduce Your Traffic Citation by 9%
New Florida Legislation Lets You Take Our Online Traffic School to Get a Ticket Reduction and More
Effective January 1, 2019, Florida legislation section 318.14(9) now gives those who take a DHSMV-approved driver improvement course a 9% reduction in their traffic tickets and no assessment of points, while also eliminating the need to appear in court. With our online traffic school, you can reduce your traffic ticket, avoid court appearances and insurance increases, and eliminate points.
You may not elect to attend a driver improvement course if you've attended one in the preceding 12 months. You can’t make more than 5 elections for a course in your lifetime. Plus, you must not have had a commercial driver license or commercial learner's permit when the ticket was issued.
If your citation is for any of the following, taking a driver improvement course does not apply:
- Violating the posted speed limit when the driver exceeds the posted speed limit by 30 miles per hour or more
- Not carrying the vehicle's certificate of registration while the vehicle is in use
- Operating a motor vehicle with an expired registration
- Operating a motor vehicle with a driver's license expired for 6 months or less; and
- Operating a motor vehicle without carrying a driver's license
Learn more about these legislation changes at the Florida Senate website.